Attention Perth Knitters

I am thinking of Starting a Stitch and Bitch in Subiaco or Claremont. If anyone is interested can they please email me and if we get numbers we can then arrange time and place.

Thanks

Kate


Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Well oops

I know I have been a bad blogger this year but when you knit mainly socks for a whole winter it can be very boring to post and read. However I finally did something new. I have been wanting to make this beaded scarf for about a year now, but had to do the class to learn how to do it properly.

Well it all finished well.















Then............



I decided to give the cast off a little stretch to sort of even it out with the cast on (which I did in larger needles as I am a tight knitter) and oops- look what happened. So now I am stuck with a BIG mistake and am scared about fixing it. Luckily my LYS has fix-it Saturdays with an expert knitter so guess where I am off to this weekend..






In other news I am about to start the world cup knit-a-long (since I missed out on the Olympics. I can't decide on a pattern though- am tossing up between 2- have got gauge in the cardigan and swatching for the jumper now. Both will be made with a phildar yarn I have had sitting in my stash for about a year (do I get bonus points for stash busting)

or

any comments or opinions on which one you think I should do would be greatly appreciated.

extra pic of wool that I am using- proof I do occasionally swatch!!!! In reality its a darker denim/navy colour

ps: for those interested the dog had to stay in London as I ran out of room in the suitcase and my &^%&^ flatmates never posted him back to me. He was a popcorn pack.
I miss him (even though he was still in two pieces!)

3 comments:

knottygnome said...

the scarf looks so pretty and frothy. can you get a close-up of the beadwork?

Westozcaat said...

Thanks- well i did try to get a close up for you but as the beads are so close to the yarn colour it didn't turn out- sorry! They are in a triangle shape in the top of the diamond if that helps.

Rain said...

The scarf is absoloutely beautiful and I'm sure you'll be able to fix it.

I like both of the patterns but would personally go for the cardigan as I wear those more than sweaters.