Attention Perth Knitters

I am thinking of Starting a Stitch and Bitch in Subiaco or Claremont. If anyone is interested can they please email me and if we get numbers we can then arrange time and place.

Thanks

Kate


Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Stash Additions.

To make knitter's drool: Show them the following self-explanatory picture: 2 skeins of noro silk garden, and one HUGE (700m) skein of fibreworks hand-dyed 4ply.

This was picked up at the craft fair over the weekend, along with various beads and a knitted wire/bead bracelet kit and some washi paper DIY boxes. Lots of fun to do and see.

Also I started a sock. Having tried many unsuccessful times to try sock knitting from the ankle down on 4 needles, I went out and bought another packet of needles, started on a 2-needle toe from the knitty article on toes and tried with 5 needles. It is so much easier with 5 needles. I am still getting the hang of it, but at least I won't look like a complete idiot at sock class in 2 weeks time!

See- a toe!

ps: Ali- yes postage is a bitch, but at least now I will know how to knit socks and be able to use the LL for a good pair, rather than a learning pair. (though it would of made the others jealous!). See here for what I pay!

No comments: