Attention Perth Knitters

I am thinking of Starting a Stitch and Bitch in Subiaco or Claremont. If anyone is interested can they please email me and if we get numbers we can then arrange time and place.

Thanks

Kate


Monday, March 21, 2005

Not Much Knitting Going On

This last week and a half have seen a hiatus on knitting. Why you ask- well work for one, and the heat- with temps hovering around the mid-30's (celcius) its been way to hot to do anything except lie in front of the aircon/fan and go to work (which has really really good aircon).

In other news my sophie bag for Tia has been cast on and bottomed, its looking small already- hopefully the cascade 220 won't shrink too much. My looooooooong winded WIP (skully from S&B) which has been sitting in the pile since last august has now got half a front to go with the back.

And look what arrived: my phildar magazines from knit'n'tyme and vogue knitting from saintjay! Yeh.




This has been the real reason for my lack of knitting. I am attempting to translate from the winter issue (top magazine) as it didn't come with english translations. Big Problem: I don't speak French. So if any one out there can help me by checking my translation efforts it would be most appreciated.

Problem 2: Discontinued Yarn. Also want to do this pattern. Problem: whilst not being able to read french, the yarn is also no-where to be found. I have tried the 3 stores I know of that sell phildar yarn- knit'n'tyme , briweb and some other one in europe I cannot remember the name. So shops that still sell brumes in chaume are urgently in need of. HELP.

PS: nothing on ebay either- I checked- 3 times.


pps:Michelle- i learn't to knit at a very young age from my grandmother, but re-learnt last year at a workshop at ivy and maude (now Calico and Ivy) in cottesloe. They have moved to mosman park now but are just on glyde street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the second one, I reckon Becky from Skinny Rabbit (Fluffa) knit taht not long ago, she might be ale to help you out with the checking of the translation. I know a bit of French, I'm learning it in School right now, but no knitting words at all :P Sorry I couldn't help!