Attention Perth Knitters

I am thinking of Starting a Stitch and Bitch in Subiaco or Claremont. If anyone is interested can they please email me and if we get numbers we can then arrange time and place.

Thanks

Kate


Saturday, September 22, 2007

Yarn, Dye and Help Please

I slipped, yep thats right I bought yarn. And needles, but mainly yarn.

Enough (i hope) for a top. Its new in Australia- I grabbed it right off the counter as they were unpacking it!! Its Cleckheaton Bamboo. $3.95 a ball - see why I grabbed.


the only trouble is that it is 4ply. So if anyone knows of any patterns for 4ply yarn similar to the Brioche Bodice your help would be appreciated. Greatly.


I also bought some Colinette Jitterbug. The LYS only had 4 colourways and this was my favourite of those available- Castagna. The only problem- it was $30 a skein. That for me is too much. But it will be fondled for all its expensive worth.


This weekend also bought about the great dye trial (part 2)

I have to say I am not getting much better. There are still alot of light patches where the yarn did not go through. But I do like it. Here it is cooking the 2nd lot (the blue dye.) The other one was black dye which had a lot of blue in it as well.


I think if I was to redo this I would dye it all blue first, then overdye the black.

But we shall see tomorrow how it all turns out.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Next time try and re-skein the yarn so that it is in a larger cicrle, that way the chunks of yarn are thinner and more dye can reach the yarn. I hope that made sense - I'm sleepy.